This 30-minute webinar reviews the federal mandate’s goals being relevant to the general education, alternative curriculum, independent living or transition goals as it pertains to each individual child. This represents the second “R” part of the SMARTER acronym. The SMARTER acronym assists teams with developing federally compliant IEP goals to improve outcomes for students with disabilities. A reflection page is provided for you to spend about 30 minutes summarizing how you will apply your knowledge to your practice.
A Reflection Summary page and Certificate of Attendance are included in the download.
Before getting started, it is recommended that you watch the following webinars first:
- Webinar 1: Overview: How to Save Time and Develop Legally Compliant IEP Goals
- Webinar 2: Specific: How to Target Specific Skill Sets and Behaviors in Goals
- Webinar 3: Measurable: How to Create Measurable Goals
- Webinar 4: Attainable & Accountable: How to Set the Stage for Attaining Goals
- Webinar 5: Research: How to Use Evidence to Support IEP Goals
- Webinar 6: Teachable: How to Use Teachable Strategies in IEP Goals
- Webinar 7: Evaluated & Communicated: How to Evaluate the Data and Report Progress to Parents